Monday, November 10, 2008

Moving art: The Good, Bad, and Avoidable.

It always eventually happens. You're moving again to a new place. Pretty well up there on the list of stressful things that happen.




Today, I'm faced with arranging my office. For some reason things did not fall naturally into place during the big move.
I for some reason I expect it to. It doesn't. There is always a need for major tweaking. Tonight, I finally do it. I'll start tweaking this office into a place that I can work and create in. I'll make it my on space. It's a big deal.

Move the art out of the middle of the floor...clear some area to work in....you have to be able to walk around without tripping over everything.

Get the major trash out of the area you'll be working in...you can get the small trash items in an easier way later on in the process.

Put some music on....working on anything can be made more painless with some tunes..

Cleaning can be done through the whole process...so get a spray cleaner and some paper towels if you have alot of different surfaces...but a rag is probabily more environmental

First, Remove from the area anything that doesn't belong...you can always put all this stuff in one spot in the space....

Now one thing I always have is alot of bulky things that really have something to do with things that have nothing to do with my space...they are really outside projects....but I still need to keep these things in my sight or I'll forget and not get around to them.

Depending on the amount of stuff you have to move around, you may need to approach the space in sections before you work it as a whole. Tonight, I'm beginning by approaching my task in three different sections of the space...their are 2 different sides of the room plus a large storage area...

Remove any furnture or bulky items that serve no function unless it's something really cool that you can afford the space for...

I like to have alot of open space...so I'm getting rid of everything that I can..I want to packrat my closets or storage area but not my work area...I need room to move around and work and pace and work...open space makes a more relaxed work environment...keep the walls cluttered and not the floor so much is my approach to a studio...

You always have to create bigger messes in some areas before you can really begin to get another area straight..

That's pretty much how I think when I'm in survival mode. We're all there and if we aren't, we're in some kind of a bubble. America will never be the same again, no matter how you look at it. I think we are finally going through some real growing pains as a nation. The world in general.

That's what we talk about huddled around the beer cans and smoking them if we have them.So, I take a swig and go at it again. I see a billboard that says...Never give up. Never give up. Never give up. The words of Churchill. Humpty Dumpty has fallen.


No matter what happens, i AUTOMATICALLY pick up the brush or something...I have to work. The world moves my world and I create.






erik shane aka Zombie Flea
[ I make cool stuff]

http://www.cafepress.com/toxalicious

No comments: